Aqua La Scala DAC
Choice Audio is proud to carry Aqua Acoustic Quality Products.
We have finally found a DAC product that performs as well as the super expensive brands, at a price point that is half of the cost.
The Aqua line of products lean toward the warm side, yet remain clear and detailed. They convey a great sense of space and depth in the music and offer a listening experience that rivals a 10-15K turntable set up.
The La Scala is a wonderful DAC that will please even the most discerning audiophile. We hope that you audition one soon; it will probably end up becoming your new reference DAC.
Shipping times may vary between 1 to 4 weeks depending on vendor supply and other factors. Please text or call 651-217-2083 to find the most accurate fulfillment times.
We can pass a 2.5% savings on to you by avoiding Credit Cards and using the Bank Transfer Option. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 651-217-2083 to learn more.
Will this product work in my system? We want you to feel great about your purchase. Many of our products are eligible for a ten day home audition. This allows you to test out the product in your home system, risk free, before you buy. Call or email for details.
A never ending story: upgrading to the Optologic DAC
Again, La Scala D/A converter proves that an instant classic does not mean a product whose destiny is to become obsolescent, like most of the products in the high-end world.
After the first appearance in the flagship Formula DAC, the proprietary D/A conversion system developed by Aqua is now available for La Scala MkII dac.
So, current Owners, have the opportunity to upgrade their unit in order to reach to the revolutionary Optologic D/A conversion system.
The already extraordinary sound quality of this icon is now improved in every aspect: time coherence, microdynamics, timbre, and without losing that magic atmosphere for which La Scala is widely renowned.
La Scala MkII keeps the VALVE / MOSFET hybrid circuitry, with now a pair of specially selected ECC81 tubes - a High-Frequency triode - for its extremely low noise and superb transparency.
FEATURES the new Optologic Conversion System
• High performance proprietary FPGA-based digital decoding without digital filter
• Galvanic and magnetic isolations between the FPGA and R2R ladder converter
• Discrete R2R ladder DACs with low noise precision resistors,
• Jitter free digital interface AQlink (I2S protocol), uncompromising digital connection to La Diva cd transport
• Zero S/PDIF Jitter design, digital receiver stage PLL (phase locked loop) technology
• High-performance AQ Discrete Regulator (MOSFET, J-FET, BJT) for analog and digital DAC’s power supply
• Valve-Mosfet direct coupling analog stage in pure class-A without negative feedback
• MOSFET Virtual battery circuit for analog anode supply
• Soft-start power up for extended tube life
• etherCON RJ45 (AQlink) input connection, employs CAT6 cable can connect both RJ45 and professional etherCON RJ45
• 2 separate low noise power transformers, one for the analog and one for the digital section
• MODULAR DESIGN with upgradeable multi board system
• Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start for tubes
• Fully discrete analog stage, not even a single Op-Amp is used
• Proprietary USB Firmware / driver :
Apple MAC OS - Linux OS : USB asynchronous native support, no need to install drivers software
• Fully upgradeable asynchronous USB module with resolution 44.1kHz to 384kHz PCM up to 24 bits, DSD64, DSD128, operates with computers running OSX 10.7 and above, WINDOWS 10 , 8 , 7 and XP ASIO - WASAPI bit perfect high-speed
• Digital phase selector on front panel
• High-quality parts selected for sound quality:
- 105° long life capacitors
- low noise Metal Foil ultra-precision resistors
- double metallized film pulse capacitor
- ultra-fast diodes
- halogen free cables
• Aluminium anti-resonant cabinet with Nextel
• Designed and handmade in Italy
- RJ45 AQlink (I2S serial bus) - PCM 24 bit / 384kHz – DSD64, DSD128 via DoP
- BNC coax (S/PDIF) 75 ohm - PCM 24 bit / 192kHz – DSD64 via DoP
- RCA coax (S/PDIF) 75 ohm - PCM 24 bit / 192kHz – DSD64 via DoP
- AES/EBU balanced 110 ohm - PCM 24 bit / 192kHz – DSD64 via DoP
- USB port - PCM 24 bit / 384kHz – DSD64, DSD128 via DoP
- AT&T (ST Fiber) - PCM 24 bit / 192kHz – DSD64 via DoP (optional)
• Analog output:
- RCA single-ended
- XLR balanced with transformer
• 5-year warranty
Roon Core Ready